The Holy Bible
3 ….. We were once like children, slaves to the useless rules of this world. 4 But when the right time came, God sent his Son who was born of a woman and lived under the law. 5 God did this so he could buy freedom for those who were under the law and so we could become his children.
6 Since you are God's children, God sent the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, and the Spirit cries out, "Father." 7 So now you are not a slave; you are God's child, and God will give you the blessing he promised, because you are his child.
(Bible Translation and Location: New Century Version – Galatians 4:3-7)
The following seem to be general icebreaker questions, especially in a mixed crowd: "So where are you from?" or "Who do you belong to?" or "Who are your parents?" or "Do you have family around here?" These are fair questions, but wouldn't it be a neat change to be asked "Are you my sibling in the Lord?" or "Are you a child of the King?" In the above verses you will notice that I bolded four inferences to us being 'children of God', and you will notice that this was quite intentional on God's behalf. Friends, there is much to praise God about in acknowledging that you are a child of the King! However, don't let's overlook the responsibility that comes along with this kinship. Here are some thoughts:
- Freely acknowledge to whom you belong – there is every reason for us to live in a constant state of praise!
- Most heirs to the throne will one day rule in their kingdom - and we have been promised a similar reign! So be on your best behavior and represent the King and His kingdom well!
- Heirs are protected – God sent His very Spirit to dwell in us and to direct us into all truth and spiritual well-being. We are protected by His mighty hand!
- Heirs are representatives of the monarch
– You will either act like the monarch, or otherwise let down the kingdom. Similarly in God's kingdom, we will either be His loyal representative or known as a rebel and possibly working for the opposition – Satan.
- The rewards of heirs are outstanding – We are well aware of earthly rewards for royal families, but can you ever imagine the promised blessings referred to in verse 7 above? It's not the streets of gold or the mansions on a hilltop, but the wonderful blessing of being in a place filled with God's glory and the eternal presence of His Son, that fills my heart with joy!
Thank You Lord for honoring me with the title of sonship! Thank You for providing the means for salvation and the love that exceeds all other earthly love. Please touch the hearts of Your children today that may meditate on this devotional and remind them of the awesome love that they have in You. May this 'Good News' be an overriding factor in our busy lives throughout this busy season of the calendar, and may that news be expressed and very obvious to those that we come into contact with, so that they too may have a sincere desire to also know You before this year is over. Thank You Father! Thank You Jesus! Thank You to my Lord and Savior! All this I ask in the name of Jesus, the King, AMEN!
FOOTNOTE: If you have been challenged to make a decision today after reading this devotional, please speak with a local Bible Teaching pastor, or contact me at NuggetsFromGodsWord@outlook.com so that we can pray with you and give you help and or encouragement as you begin, or continue your walk with Jesus. Any words underlined above will indicate a link to a song that came to mind as I wrote the devotional. Feel free to click on the link and listen as you continue to read or pray. If this devotional was forwarded to you and you would like to see more, please go to blogger.nuggetsfromgodsword.org and read more, or you may freely subscribe for a daily email conveniently containing each day's devotional. If you are anywhere near the Highlands County, Florida area and do not have a church home, I would be thrilled to welcome you at Bible Fellowship Church, Sebring, FL! Click the link to check out service times and/or other special activities. God is at work among us! Please consider coming to worship with us!
Post a Comment